Title I Parents' Right-to-Know

Kremlin-Hillsdale Schools receive federal funds for Title I, Part A programs.  As a parent of a student in a Title I school, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child.  Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child's classroom teachers, and requires the school to give you this information in a timely manner. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child's classroom teachers:

1.  Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.

2.  Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status because of special circumstances.

3.  Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and the field of discipline of the teacher's certification or degree.

If at any time your student has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks by a teacher that is not highly qualified, then you will be notified by the school. 

You also have the right to request information regarding the qualifications of the paraprofessional(s) assisting your child's teacher(s).  If your child is receiving Title I, Part A services from a paraprofessional, then our school is able to provide you with the following information:

1.  Whether the paraprofessional has completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education.

2.  Whether the paraprofessional has completed an associate's degree (or higher).

3.  Whether the paraprofessional has met a rigorous standard of quality through our state's certification procedure for determining the quality of paraprofessional staff.

4.  Whether the paraprofessional has:

(a)  the knowledge of and ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics or

(b)  the knowledge of and the ability to assist in learning activities, such as homework, reading readiness, writing, mathematics and other support as appropriate.